The rental market in South London is a competitive one, with landlords vying for the attention of potential tenants. In order to stand out from the crowd, it is important to offer properties that meet the needs of renters in the area.
A recent study by Redmayne Smith has revealed the top five property features that are most desired by renters in South London in 2023. These are:
- Parking: With many people in South London relying on cars for their commute, parking is a major concern for renters. Properties with allocated parking spaces are in high demand.
- Furnished: Many renters are looking for properties that are move-in ready, so furnished properties are also popular. This is especially true for professionals who are relocating to the area and don't have time to furnish a property themselves.
- Balcony or patio: A balcony or patio is a great way to enjoy the outdoors, and it is especially popular with renters who want to entertain guests or relax in the fresh air.
- Proximity to schools: Families with children are looking for properties that are close to good schools. This is especially important in South London, where there are a number of highly regarded schools.
- Bills included: Many renters are looking for properties where the bills are included in the rent. This can save them money and hassle.
In addition to these top five features, there are a number of other things that renters in South London are looking for in a property. These include:
- Good transport links
- A safe and secure neighborhood
- A modern and well-maintained property
- A spacious and bright layout
- A pet-friendly property
If you are a landlord in South London, it is important to consider these factors when marketing your property to renters. By offering a property that meets the needs of renters, you can increase your chances of renting it out quickly and for a good price.
Here are some additional tips for landlords in South London:
- Keep your property well-maintained and clean.
- Be responsive to tenant inquiries and requests.
- Offer competitive rent prices.
- Provide good tenant screening.
- Be a fair and reasonable landlord.